Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Well it was another awesome year for Valentine's Day (or as I labeled it a few years ago SAD (Singles Awareness Day)). I got together with some buddies for dinner and a movie tonight and we really did have a great time together sharing life together and enjoying each others company. However, this Valentine's Day was special for me because it was the first year I truly spent some time meditating and thinking about how awesome God is and how much he truly loves me. Think about it, God sent his only Son, who is without sin or blemish, to this sinful world to die for me and give me a way out from the eternal death I deserved with hell. Since I don't have a significant other or child, I tried to think of the person I care about the most and love the most (which is prolly Danny, my brother) but there is no way I would willing send him to go and die on a cross. I love him too much to do that. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit were in perfect harmony and relationship with one another and did not need to even create us but they decided to.
I totally can not grasp how much he truly loves me. I have heard it said that in his anger, he loves more than any human could love in the greatest act of love they could perform. I decided to come up with a list of why God loves me and not just how he says it in His Word but also how he shows it in the Word but also in my life.

Some examples off the top of my head from my Bible:
Rescuing the Israelites from the Egyptians
Providing for the Israelites in the desert with manna
Daniel in the lion's den
David being saved from Saul on multiple occasions
Esther being raised to queen and saving the Jews
Paul and Silas in jail
..and of course, Christ's suffering and subsequent death on the cross

Some examples from my own life:
Ending my relationship with ex-fiancee and providing support and comfort from friends and family
Bringing along godly Christian men & women my own age to share life with
Giving me a love to read more of His Word

So to conclude, I hope all of you had an awesome Valentine's Day but think about how awesome Christ's love is towards you. He beckons you and wants you so badly to experience this.

No comments: