Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Feel the Need...

One of my favorite movies is "Top Gun" because of the jets that Tom Cruise (Maverick) and Val Kilmer (Iceman) fly, the soundtrack and theme song, "Danger Zone", the love interest, but the thing I really love from this movie is the relationship aspect between Maverick and Goose. Goose is Maverick's wingman and basically looks out for his back both in the air and when they are on the ground. No matter what Maverick does, Goose sticks by Maverick through good and bad. He may openly disagree or question but he trusts his friend and sticks by him even when he knows it will get him in trouble.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry, Goose, but it's time to buzz a tower.

They are not just friends but truly you see their relationship is like a family and they are brothers.
In life, we need people to be our wingman and look out for us and I am so grateful for the brothers that I have and can share my life with. The good, the bad, the victories, the struggles. I have heard it said that, "Except for one, the world is made up entirely of others." So sharing it and living it out with others is how God created us. When reading the book of Acts, it is great seeing how the believers relate to one another and truly do care about one another. I am thankful for the brothers I have and just truly love their advice and wisdom they share with me and bless me with. So thank you for being my Goose.

No comments: