Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Waiting Game


No one seems to enjoy playing the waiting game. It is incredibly difficult especially in this microwave society. Everyone wants it like yesterday. That is part of the problem with consumer debt because kids want what their parents have now but they don't realize that it took x number of years to get that (That's another discussion at another time).
Anyways, God's time doesn't seem to work in our time period so we must wait or move irrationally and make a bad choice or decision. I know I've done this because the waiting is never fun. However, when you are waiting on God, it truly is a surrender because you are saying that your ways are better than my ways and you know what is best for me. This weekend, Ken Priddy referenced Psalm 46:10 which says, "Be still and know that I am God!" Loosely translated, relax or chill, I got this because you know I am God. Trust me.
God also brought this to my remembrance as well as I am in a waiting state, Isaiah 40:28-31:
Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

So my prayer for anyone playing the waiting game is that you will trust in the Lord and be given new strength. The wait is worth it...

No comments: